Saturday, February 13, 2010

Victory Walk Inc.


I do regret being a reluctant blogger. For the last eight months, there have been many moments in my life that are worth remembering. But my memory is mediocre at best so I will make a conscious effort to blog more often, mainly for my own benefit. Yup, this blog is going to have to be my memory.

Last December I started going to Victory Walk Inc. in Springdale, AR. Last year, in Northwest Arkansas, there were a total of 244 people who were living with spinal cord injuries (Benton, Washington, Carroll, Madison and Crawford counties). Benton county had 5 new cases in 2009 and I made up 20% of those new cases...how's that for a statistic! So, as devastating as this kind of an injury can be in someone's life, we also make up a very small portion of the population and it would be easy for many people to ignore the issue. That's why I'm so thankful for the Lemke's, the founders of Victory Walk Inc. Sure, there are rehab centers in the area but only one of them is a spinal cord injury recovery center, solely dedicated to people like me. Al and Lynda turned a tragedy in their own lives into a blessing for Northwest Arkansas.

Trish, if you are reading this...you put me to shame!! You are better at blogging about me than I am...ha ha! Now I have to try to stay ahead of you...darn it all!


Here I am riding the FES bike. It uses electronic muscle stimulation so that my legs are what moves the pedals.

More later...

No comments: