Friday, February 19, 2010

A few pictures from therapy

I haven't posted too many pictures from therapy so I'll do my best to share my progress (and hopefully there will be progress) with all of you. Most of the pictures have been taken by either Chris or Abby. Sorry about the quality...they were all taken with our iPhones.

This is Greg, my therapist at Victory Walk Inc. These three pictures were taken a couple weeks ago. In the picture above we were trying something new. It's called stacking. Hips over the knees, shoulders over the hips. I had some trouble getting my shoulders over my hips. When I can't feel the lower portion of my body, I can't tell when things are lined up. Also, it was really hard to breathe in this position, even though I look surprisingly relaxed in this picture...hm. I have the same breathing problem when I'm doing lifts in my wheelchair.

I had a death grip on my thighs. I was in a new position and a little afraid of falling over...falling over and breaking my rods, to be more specific, or damaging my spine above or below the stabilization rods. I met a woman at Baylor who was in rehab for a second time. She had fallen again and one of her rods broke so her surgeon decided to replace both her rods with better quality ones. I always say if you're going to do it, do it right the first time.

When he let go, I didn't fall over...AND...I could breathe. This is, by far, the most comfortable position I've been in since the accident.

No comments: