Friday, February 19, 2010

It finally happened

I have been dreading the day I would fall out of my chair. Fall backwards, to be more specific. I figured it would happen sooner or later but I honestly didn't think it would happen this soon. On Tuesday I went to Victory Walk for my therapy. Al (co-founder of VWI) was in his office, my mom was doing the dishes and Greg (therapist) was in the gym with another client. Abby was playing around with me so I grabbed her and said "You wanna mess with me? Remember, I'm bigger and stronger than you...I will take you down!" I wrapped my right arm around her and started tickling. She lost her balance and started falling and I could not unhook my arm from around her. It all happened so quickly. Before I knew it, we were both on the floor. I was on my back and Abby was crying. I didn't get hurt, however, Abby somehow hurt her pinkie finger. She's quite the drama queen so my main concern was getting her calmed down. Greg had me back in my wheelchair in no time and he stopped Abby's crying with a band-aid. No, there was no bleeding, but band-aids are a miracle product when it comes to kids and their booboo's. One of my biggest fears came true and it wasn't that bad after all. Though I was incredibly embarrassed, I'm so thankful that it happened where capable help was nearby.

The fuzzy picture above was taken just moments before the fall.

No comments: