Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Art on hold

The warm weather has put a stop to my artwork lately. It's been set aside as we're working to re-side the back of our house...something that has needed to be done for a couple of years.

Before.

Part way to after.

The warmer weather has also brought out some nature (besides the plant life) in our back yard.

This is a black rat snake that is apparently living in the rocks of our retaining wall.

A wolf spider with babies on its back. I found this one one morning when I let the dogs out. It was haging out on the side of the house next to the door to my studio.

2 comments:

Shan said...

EEEEK Crissy EEEK!! Oh my word, oh my word! This picture has sent me into a repetitive frenzy.

You have got some crazy stuff going on over there between the wildlife and the house fixing. I'm so glad you've got a blog to capture it all! :D

Crixie said...

LOL! I wasn't able to take a picture of them, but we did have a black widow spider on one end of the siding (it wasn't in good picture taking light) and a copper head fell out of the frame of the house on the other end and rolled off Chris's arm. We're still not sure where the copper head went.