Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trip to Dallas

I had an appointment with my doctor at Baylor on April 2nd, so, since we hadn't had a vacation in a little while, we thought we'd make a weekend out of our trip to Dallas.  We got to Dallas late Thursday night and I went to my appointment Friday morning.  That afternoon we decided to go to a museum and picked the Museum of Nature and Science.  Here are a few pictures that I took with my phone.  I brought my good camera, then proceeded to leave it in the hotel room.  
Abby, in one of the buildings with the fossil of some prehistoric creature...real good with details, aren't I?  And below is the outside of the same building.  I love the art nouveau style of the fixture.
Above is a sculpture of a woolly mammoth...I think.  This picture was taken about 15 seconds before Chris kicked a baby turtle across the sidewalk (accidentally) that Abby proceeded to "save".  She was really proud of the fact that she saved the turtle.  She and Chris walked out onto the concrete walkways that were built over the pond and returned the turtle to its family...pictured below.  Remember, I took these pictures with my phone...so please go easy on me with the blurry picture of the turtle.
That evening we decided to go hang out at the Gaylord Texan.  It's a neat place and if you can afford to stay there, I highly recommend it.  We ate next to a little indoor river, were entertained by a magician, did a little bit of shopping, lassoed by a cowboy, lots of walking and rolling around, and Neal McCoy sang to us in the elevator.  OK, so I didn't really know who Neal McCoy was, but Chris did, and I also can't guarantee that Neal McCoy with sing to you in the elevator if you ever go stay there.
Here's Abby, sitting on an old cow in the atrium at the Gaylord.

No comments: