Friday, March 5, 2010

 
I finally stole this picture from Chris's phone so now I can write about our wonderful Christmas present from our church.  It's a 1995 Ford Windstar that is wheelchair accessible!  This is such a blessing.  We really didn't know what we were going to do about a vehicle that I could drive.  I absolutely love my KIA Spectra 5 but it was our only vehicle and once Chris, Abby and I are in it, along with my wheelchair, there isn't room for anything else.  The van is not set up for me to drive yet but once I get my training done (and I'll admit I'm a little apprehensive about that, especially since it sounds like I may be doing some driving in downtown Dallas for practice), we will be able to have hand controls installed.  I just can't wait to regain some of my independence. 

Also, yesterday I practiced walking for the first time!!  Ok, I wasn't the one actually picking my feet up and putting one foot in front of the other, someone did that for me, but it's a start...my legs went through the motions.  Unfortunately, my little photographer was not in the room at the time and missed it all.  She was a little upset about it and I have no pictures to share, but I promise that the monumental moment will be when I actually walk on my own, and I will be sharing video of that!

No comments: